Friday 7 September 2012

Charts




 AUDUSD

This is 1 of 3 trades taken in the last couple days. I wanted to post this one 1st and review it as I got stopped out on this trade but there was a great lesson in it for me.
I dont normally fade levels but it is something Im working on. I entered 2 orders on this trade fading the level. The 1st on the high of the box and 2nd on the low. I put my stop overnight way too tight as it was about 5 pips below the bottom of the box I defined. During the day got whipsawed by AUD employment figures and of course if you see where AUD is now you will see that my thinking was correct. This one stopped me out for about 35 pips for both position which Im more than happy to pay for the lesson I learnt.
Lesson learnt: Place stops in a place where price shouldnt go and if it does it completely invalidates my thinking. Of course different methods would have different stop placement but seeing as I was initially looking to build a position and capture a larger move to the upside a super tight stop just doesnt seem smart at all.





GBPAUD

Well I closed out my long where I said I was looking for a short. Because of my 1st trade I was looking for AUD strength, when I saw the H4 bar close and come smashing down I took the trade. Closed out this morning for about 80 pips.




NZDUSD

Seeing as I was bullish on AUD Im definitely going to be bullish on her little sister (Kiwi's hate being known for this but they know its true. I know cause Im married to one). There was this setup thats one of my favs as its so easy to define risk but was also a little cautious as there was a clear trend line there acting as resistance. Was monitoring it all night due to ECB and everything else happening but once she broke it was all good. Set my target at the gap and target was hit by the time I woke up this morning. Nice way to start the day.

All in all solid start to the month and am flat going into the NFP's. Gonna have the night off so hope you all enjoy your weekend and make sure you spend some time outside getting the fresh air not being stuck in front of your charts all weekend.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment